Tuesday, September 28, 2021

New projects to welcome Autumn and Winter


"'Tis the Season" from The Pattern Basket is ready to welcome Winter!  The pattern is $10.00.  I used 2 Jelly Rolls from the new Moda line "Merry and Bright" for the trees and stars.  It also requires 4 yards for the background and borders and 3/4 yard for the binding.  I used the diaganol red and white candy cane stripe from the fabric line for the binding.  It is 56 1/2" by 57 1/2".  Nikki Crisp (360-319-2914) quilted it with an edge to edge swirling snowflake pattern for $75.00.  The background is actually white with snowdots, even though it looks cream in this photo. 
 I love the fresh crisp colors!
.

...and this new Autumn wool project comes from Wooden Spool Designs.  The $9.00 pattern, "Happy Halloween" comes with 9 wool applique blocks, but I wanted to use this fun frame ($24.95) so I picked 6 of the blocks. 
 I really love how it turned out!

I hope you are enjoying the changing of the Season.  It has been so beautiful here.  Last night there was a double rainbow in the sky.  My granddaughters and I had spent time reading the story of Noah and the Ark and made 3D construction paper rainbows with cotton ball clouds and then out came the double rainbow!  A good reminder that even though it has been a difficult 20 months for many people, there is still so much to hope for in the future!  And beauty to surprise us when we aren't expecting it. 

Store hours remain Tuesday through Saturday, 
10am to 5pm.
Masks are required.  Please respect the mandate when you shop at Folktales!  Thank you so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment