Friday, March 11, 2022

March

So MANY fun new fabrics!  And some great new projects!  From sweet and gentle prints to bold and beautiful!




I have not had time to make any quilts with all these gorgeous fabrics. My mom was hospitalized Dec. 21st after falling and breaking her leg and her nose and this week she has been transitioning from the Lynden Christian Healthcare Rehab facility to home.  It has been overwhelming for both of us.  Doctor's appointments, med updates, medical equipment to assist her while she continues to heal...not to mention almost 3 months of mail!  I have kept up with her bills but SO MUCH other mail!  We have found some lovely caregivers to help her with her morning routine and she is adjusting well to being home but we still have a lot to take care of before things settle in.  I am so grateful for all the wonderful people who have given both of us their time, prayers and TLC!  
I knew I couldn't focus on any new projects the last couple of weeks so I made a few "burrito" pillowcases to show off some of the fun new fabric.  I even failed at that simple task, starting out sewing them right sides together instead of wrong sides together.  Lots of seam ripping!  But here they are!


This is a new book panel.  Wouldn't it be a fun book tucked into an Easter basket for a special child?

Another pillow case!
Couldn't resist this one!  Working on making some kits.  
The pattern is $3.50
My friend, Trudy has designed stitchery patterns in the past and now she has branched out into wool applique.  There are several of her patterns in the shop.  LOVE all the fun details!
I just finished the bunny one "Will You Be My Friend?"  
I hope to get some kits made, but no promises!  The pattern is $9.00
Here is a close up so you can see some of the details.
This is a quilt pattern made with the panel above and the bunny toss fabric used in one of the pillowcases.  Don't know if I will get it made for this spring...but there is still hope!
And here is a line of fabric that arrived today.  Since my husband is Canadian and all of our children are dual citizens I think I will be making a few projects with these fabrics!  And since we are a border town I know a LOT of people who have "mixed" families and will make a lot of people happy with projects made from these fabrics!
Nikki has a few of my projects to quilt.  As soon as they get here I will post more pics.  I have been working on the piecing of Crabapple Hill's "Noah's Journey" but I had to put it away for the time being.  Don't have the time to focus on it right now, but I am about half way through and am very please with how it is turning out.  Maybe next time I will give a "Sneak Peek"!
 

Check folktales fabric shop on Facebook for even more fun new fabrics and project ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment